The Old Firehouse, Paul Tracy
The Thomaston's Historical Society's museum is located on Level 6 of the Town Hall, 158 Main Street. Our collection on display in the Shirley G. Wassong Exhibit Room, includes farm tools, clothing, home furnishings, and antique clocks. Thomaston was the home of the well-known Seth Thomas Clock Company, whose founder, Seth Thomas, began manufacturing clocks in 1813. The museum's display features his nightstand, a portrait, and a painting by Lena Morton of this Main Street house. Memorabilia of Thomaston's education, business and industrial history are also on exhibit.
The museum is open by appointment. Please call (860) 283-5217.