REVISED BUILDING & LAND USE PROCEDURES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Effective March 24, 2020, Thomaston Town Hall will remain open for services while closed to walk-in traffic. In order to continue assisting our residents and their contractors in a safe but expeditious manner, the Building & Land Use Department has instituted the following procedures:
If you are just beginning your project research and wish to preliminarily discuss your plans, please contact the Building & Land Use Office at 860-283-8411. We are also happy to review preliminary information sent via email to: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you are ready to apply for the required permits, the Building & Land Use Department will be accepting applications, payments, and supporting documentation in one of three ways:
- Via email;
- By postal mail;
- By deposit in a drop box located in the foyer by the parking lot entrance.
ALL BUILDING & LAND USE RELATED APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE BY CLICKING ON THE PERTINENT LINK BELOW.
Should you use the drop box, please follow these instructions:
1. Put all application forms, supporting documents, and payments in a sealed envelope. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS!!!
2. Immediately call the Building & Land Use Department at 860-283-8411 to advise staff that you have placed materials in the drop box.
3. Staff will check the box a minimum of twice a day as well as when they are notified a deposit has been made.
4. Within 24 hours, staff will review all submissions and will contact you to advise you whether the application is complete or more information is required.
5. If your application requires review by a land use board or commission, Stacey Sefcik will contact you to advise you further as to process during this period.
When calling for inspections, please bear in mind that the Building & Land Use staff reserve the right to postpone inspections if concerned about obvious signs of illness and/or inadequate separation distances.
While we are committed to maintaining as smooth and speedy a process as possible, please do be aware that processing times may be slightly longer than normal.
We thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding during this challenging time.