Nystrom's Park is located in Thomaston, at the intersection of Turner Road and Hickory Hill Road with access to parking located on both Turner Road and Hickory Hill Road. The main entrance to the beach area is located on Turner Road.
Effective June 21, 2018: The facility fee for use of the beach/picnic area at Nystrom's Park from Memorial Day through Labor Day, Sunday through Saturday, shall be $2.00 per person for Thomaston and Litchfield residents and $4.00 per person for non-residents, to be collected at the entrance to the beach/picnic area and shall be used to defray the cost of maintenance, repairs, replacements, utilities, insurance, toilet facilities and life guards. Infants and children in strollers and senior citizens (62 years and older) shall be admitted free of charge.
This location has:
- A regulation Little League field for youth baseball.
- A full size soccer field, which can be used for either youth or High School age soccer
- A regulation track
- Tennis courts
- Playground equipment with swings and slides
- A beach area
- A picnic area, complete with picnic tables and grills
The rules governing dogs/pets at Nystrom's Park are as follows:
- Dogs/pets are not allowed on the track at any time.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed on the soccer field at any time.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed in the baseball field at any time.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed in the tennis courts at any time.
- Dogs/pets are not allowed in the swimming area between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Dogs/pets are allowed in the swimming area between Labor Day and Memorial Day.
- Dogs/pets are allowed in all other open space areas which are not designated athletic areas. Those areas include the parking lots, the walkway around the park and open space areas adjacent to the athletic fields and the beach area.
- Dogs/pets must be on a leash in approved areas at all times.
- Dogs/pets must be curbed by the handler at all times.
- All dog/pet waste must be removed from the park.
A violation of these rules shall be an infraction punishable by a citation and a $100 fine.