Town of Thomaston, Connecticut
 HomeTown GovernmentTown DepartmentsBusinessThomaston LivingCommunityEasy Access Forms
Annual Car Show
Dining
Driving Directions
History
Historical Society
Light Up The Town Celebration
Naugatuck River
Places of Worship
Seth-Thomas Bradstreet House
Thomaston Dam
Thomaston Opera House
Train Station
Visitor Information: Tourism and Travel
Learn About Economic Development in Thomaston
Contacts Page: Office Hours and Phone Numbers
Town of Thomaston prescription Drug Card
PrintPrint  |  EmailEmail This Page  |  SitemapSitemap  |  Contact UsContact Us Choose a Font Size:
Thomaston Living  ›  Historical Society

Historical Society


The Old Firehouse, Paul Tracy
More Town Photos

The Thomaston's Historical Society's museum is located on Level 6 of the Town Hall, 158 Main Street. Our collection on display in the Shirley G. Wassong Exhibit Room, includes farm tools, clothing, home furnishings, and antique clocks. Thomaston was the home of the well-known Seth Thomas Clock Company, whose founder, Seth Thomas, began manufacturing clocks in 1813. The museum's display features his nightstand, a portrait, and a painting by Lena Morton of this Main Street house. Memorabilia of Thomaston's education , business and industrial history are also on exhibit.

The museum is open by appointment. Please call (860) 283-2159.

Town History | Train StationDam | Opera House 

Go To Top of PageTop  |  PrintPrint
Thomaston Town Seal